Apply to Quality First
Apply to Quality First
Quality First supports child care and preschool programs in what they do best — helping prepare children for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Programs enrolled in Quality First:
- Work with a coach to understand their strengths and develop techniques to do even better for the children in their care.
- Have access to a team of experts in early childhood health, mental health and supporting children with special needs.
- Receive funding to improve their physical environments and purchase learning materials.
- Are reimbursed for some of the cost of providing quality through scholarships reserved for children from low-income, working families.
- Can access to scholarships for staff to take college coursework in early childhood.
How to Apply
The following information is required in order for you to successfully submit your application. Please gather this information BEFORE you begin the application process:
- All contact information for the child care program.
- All contact information for the main contact and/or the primary designee of the program, including mailing address, phone number, fax number and email address.
- All provider license and certification numbers and expiration dates, including: Arizona Department of Health Services (DHS), Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES), Tribal grant award number for Tribal Head Start or CCDF programs, United States Department of Defense, United States Health and Human Services (Head Start Bureau).
- The primary language used in the program.
Please note that a separate application is required for each licensed child care program. Programs that share a license are considered one program and should submit one application together.
After submitting your application, you will be notified of eligibility once it is determined that your center or home is regulated and in good standing with your regulating body or bodies. This notification of eligibility does not mean you have been enrolled in Quality First.
Space in Quality First is limited. All eligible applicants are placed on a waiting list and will be considered for selection as new spaces are made available. Selections occur throughout the year and are based on the date of application submission.Apply Now >